By extending your business software beyond its core functionality, we’re able to provide a cost-effective alternative to disparate systems and processes.
Synconics Odoo ERP Customisation Service: We begin by helping you understand the difference between Odoo ERP customisation and normal Odoo ERP package configuration. As part of a normal ERP implementation many parameters, fields and workflows can be configured to match your company’s requirements however when customisation is required, we offer the level of technical sophistication needed to achieve a successful outcome at lower costs than competing firms.
Synconics people have a strong development background, unique understanding of the business and nature of the industry, strong business analysis skills and business process optimization, with these kind of expertise Synconics minimizes the complexity and risk of Odoo ERP customisation. We also understand the importance of retaining the upgradability of your Odoo ERP for the future. As the project progresses, we manage the customisation process by establishing clear, company-wide definition of business requirements and project controls. We identify and prioritize which functions should be added as part of the overall functionality of the existing system. Below are some factors that Synconics help or suggest companies to fairly decide the customisation options:
Strong Process knowledge
The first and foremost factor in the customisation decision is the knowledge of the existing systems and processes. If the ERP solution seekers are well versed with their existing systems and understand what exactly is needed, half the bridge is crossed.
User Friendliness Tradeoff
Most companies want the ERP system to make life of an employee as easy as possible so that he can accomplish more in less time. But a line needs to be drawn in the real world as increasing customisation demands may sabotage the implementation success itself. Also a balance between ERP implementation cost and benefits needs to be charted.
The Decision Making Process
The extent of ERP software customisation is not directly proportional to ERP implementation success. It is rather a tightrope walk where a balanced decision needs to be made by considering various factors, and Synconics recommends to consider the following:
What is the Purpose of the ERP Customisation?
- Identify key business problems that the customisations should solve
- Departmental, functional or process related Problems
- Isolate issues that have the greatest impact on:
- Operational costs
- Performance and growth goals
- Non-economic factors
- Lack of custom reporting
- Workflow customisation
- User-interface design
- Specific department processes (manufacturing, inventory, finance, etc.)
What is the Business Value of the Customisation?
- Identify the benefits gained; from operational efficiencies to the overall impact on stakeholders and the value chain.
- Look beyond economic gains in day to day operations. ERP customisations must contribute to overall satisfaction and buy-in of employees, customers, shareholders, vendors, etc.
What are the Adverse Effects of Customisation?
- Identify issues that can occur before and after a customisation
- i.e - Interference with other key functions of the ERP system - Upgradability of customisations – ERP version compatibility – Implementation timelines - Cost vs. Benefit
How will the Customisation be Structured and Implemented?
- Synconics has general understanding of the development and run-time environment used to create the customisation.
- Synconics will develop a schedule that allows time for implementation to minimize the effects it may have on business operations.
What is required once the Customisation has been implemented?
- Support - Implementation partner support contact
- Servicing - Service contract
- Training - Training sessions
- Detailed log of the implementation from start to finish
It means, two key factors should possess to customize ERP system
- Proper team structure that consists basically of a chief architect, programmers, system analysts, QA/QC personnel, etc., to well manage the different aspects of the software development and implementation.
- Proper versioning tool to monitor the change requests and merge the program version files, to ensure the version is monitored well.
Even with robust ERP solutions such as Odoo ERP, very few organizations are able to use this software straight off the shelf, with no customization. As project teams delve into the details of the software during the implementation cycle, requests to make one or more customizations to the software are inevitable. And when customisation is required, we Synconics offer the level of technical sophistication needed to achieve a successful outcome within timeline and at lower costs than competing firms.