Develop ERP technical training skills, needed for designing,
developing, implementing, maintaining, support or operate
a particular technology or related application, product or service.
Odoo is a vast system that sometimes end-user doesn’t know where to go and what to configure to get the desired result. Well trained employees are more apt to solve issues quickly, without disrupting the rest of the workplace, effectively saving time and money. Today in this corporate era, organizations are seeking for the ways to train their personnel at immense level and even that too by saving time & the expense of travel. When you've invested in new technologies, even a small amount of training could dramatically improve your staff's productivity.
Synconics offers a variety of education, training and consulting services designed to support end users and your employees. Our services include:
- Identify training needs
- Develop curriculum based on needs
- Determine security requirements for all end users
- Provide a variety of training formats such as, hands on instructor led training, demonstrations, documentation, training aids and in service opportunities.
- Make accommodations for customized training
- Act as a link between technical staff and end users
We offer customized training plans which will built according to your needs and requirement. We will provide training at your place or at our office place through remote sessions.
- Format views to display information
- Create computed fields
- Learn the different ways to inherit and adapt Odoo modules
- Discover Odoo’s concepts (onchange, workflows, etc.)
This course is for people who are in charge of the Odoo development at their company, or wish to code in Odoo. As a developer, this course aims to make you autonomous on the development of new modules, while helping you to better understand the architecture of the Odoo solution.
After completing this odoo training, developers will be able to create and edit Odoo modules, understand how Odoo ORM and API operate, expand and add views
- Understand the development concepts and architecture.
- Install and administer Odoo.
- Able to customize existing modules.
- Develop a new Odoo Module.
- Integrate any third-party tool to Odoo.
- Deploy Odoo for production with right server configurations.
- New Interactive learning experience.
- Hands - on exercises and their solutions
- Provide free 3 hours support after training.
We offer customized odoo training plans which will built according to your needs and requirement. We will provide odoo technical training at your place or at our office place through remote sessions
- Bring your own Laptop device.
- Install the latest stable version that you can download from Odoo Official Website.
- The training is intended for developers having knowledge in Python language.
- Good to have knowledge of Programming Editor/Integrated Development Environment such as Eclipse, Anjuta, gedit.
- Format views to display information.
- Create computed fields.
- Learn the different ways to inherit and adapt Odoo modules.
- Discover Odoo’s concepts (onchange, workflows, etc.)
Introduction: About Odoo, Python Introduction, Configurations General information about Odoo
- Installation on a UNIX Box for development purpose
- You will be able to read, understand and write Python programs/modules
- Installing Odoo (package / from source)
- Use the development platform of Odoo (Github)
- Leveraging the benefits of the Community and publication of sources
- Initialization and basic settings of the PostgreSQL database
- Init/Configuration file
- Launching the application (understanding the basics of multi-threaded basic, debug, worker, non-debug xml-rpc Port etc.)
- Module structure (anatomy, architecture)
- Learn the relation between XML files and Odoo data (manage views, generate data allowing you to feed the model)
Creating a module
- Build an Odoo Module, Building Views (Basics), Relationships between Objects
- Composition / Structure of a Odoo Module
- Object Relational Mapping: models and fields, relations
- User interface configuration: actions and menus
- Create your own Odoo Module
- Learn the basics to define a data model that is stored in the Odoo database and make that data visible and editable in your Odoo instance
- Creating an object and interaction with ORM (Object-relational mapping)
- Creating and managing simple views (and tree form)
- Inserting a new menu entry (menu item)
- Tips and tricks with regards to the search bar (search)
- Discover Odoo’s concepts (onchange, workflows etc.)
- Advanced searches - Contexts and Domains
- Customize and format a report (rml, webkit, QWEB)
Relationships between Objects
- Model inheritance
- View inheritance
- Extend a given data model in a modular way; for instance, you will add a field on the partner model
- Extend views in a modular way. This is useful to reflect model extensions in the user interface
- Lists and trees
- Search views
- Calendar views
- Gantt charts
- Kanban Boards
- XML-RPC Library
- Odoo Client Library
- Functional fields.
- Onchange methods.
- Extra model features.
- Define a field that is computed instead of raw data.
- Define automatic updates for the form view while the user enters data.
- Constrain your business data in order to reflect business needs or avoid data inconsistencies.
- Override the behavior of the model’s operations to customize the model to your needs.
- Take advantage of predefined features in the ORM, like ‘active’ records.
- Managing of a model with inheritance (Python, XML)
- Managing a model with inheritance (Python)
- Override a view to edit its content (XML)
- Interaction between fields (on change, related, computed, inversed)
- Complex domains and contexts
- Adding demo data to your modules
- Designing a wizard
- Advanced customization of the GUI (widgets, components, buttons)
- Security concepts, managing groups and roles
- Translating a module (get text style, POT)
- Testing and publishing a module
- Discovering the integration capacity of web-services xml rpc
- Concepts around the MVC pattern
- Introduction to basic actions (ir.action)
Calculations, search and advanced topics
- Using the Search API
- Advanced and additional views (kanban, calendar, Gantt, reporting, chart)
- Printed reports
- Define and customize printed reports for data models
- Define a dashboard for your Odoo module
- Translate a module
- Generate and populate translation files for your Odoo Module
- Use translations in your model (translated fields) and your cod (translated error messages)
- Understand the translation process supported by the Odoo community
Building Views (Basics)
- Relational fields
- Introduce relation between data models; for instance, add a reference to a partner in your own data model.
- Wizards, or Dialog boxes
- Their execution and views
- Define dialog boxes to assist the user in a complex task
Workflows, Security, Wizards
- Principles and management of a workflow
- Adding a step in a workflow
- Inserting and triggering an action
- Dynamic workflow editor
- Automatic transitions
- Server actions
- Introduce buttons on views that execute your own business code in the server
- Set the workflow engine and define a business workflow for a data model
- The workflow provides a high-level way to control the changes of business data over time
- With the workflow, you will define automatic actions in your data model
- You will use buttons to interact with the workflow on your data mode
Write a standalone client program that interacts with an Odoo server. You will master the principles to write a client program in potentially any programming language.